Happy New Year, everyone! Whether your past year was wonderful or challenging, I hope you have an spectacular 2018 in your future. I spent the start of the new year getting organized, planning ahead, and preparing to start the year off on the right foot.
Year In Review
A quick look through past posts reveals that 2017 was an incredibly eventful year! Some of the highlights of the year include:
- Exploring the Crayola Experience with a friend
- Participating in the 2017 Minnesota Yarn Shop Hop with my mom
- An early Memorial Day road trip with my parents to visit my brother
- Seeing both Wicked and Rent this summer with friends
- Cheering on my cousin at a rain-soaked Lake Waconia Band Festival with my aunts and uncle
- Seeing the Drum Corps International show with my aunts, uncle, and cousin
- Checking out the Science Behind Pixar exhibit at the Science Museum of Minnesota with a friend
- Displaying projects both at the county fair and an employee art show
- Seeing a spectacular total solar eclipse in Milford, NE with family and friends – we are already looking forward to the next one 2024
- Taking part in Finish-It-Summer and enjoying the amazing after-party at Twisted Loop Yarn Shop
- Enjoying the book tour for Turtles All The Way Down – I highly recommend this book for everyone’s reading lists
- Joining a wonderful knitting group – we meet almost weekly at our favorite coffeeshop
- Successfully reaching 50,000+ words for NaNoWriMo
- Directing handbell ringers with the kids’ choir for our church’s Christmas Eve program
This year was also a great year for crafting – 18 completed projects! That includes 4 shawls, 1 scarf, 2 hats, 3 baby gifts, 1 plushie, 2 pairs of fingerless mittens, 1 cowl, 1 shrug, 2 cross-stitched necklaces, and 1 polymer clay sculpture.
My Goals And Resolutions
Someone mentioned this week that new year’s resolutions were really more like a to-do list for January. That may be true, but I still like the idea of setting goals and making positive changes at any time of year. There’s no better time than January 1st to get started.
My goals for 2018 are:
- Finishing my remaining 8 WIP Mountain projects by New Year’s Eve 2018
- Learning at least one new recipe per month
- Take an Intro to Photography class
- Read at least 50 books
- Listen to more audiobooks and podcasts
What are your plans, goals, and resolutions for 2018? Wishing you a fantastic new year full of creativity!