I am so thankful for The Finger Protector, designed by Ravelry user Knitted Sheep! I’ve been hard at work on a knitted doll using Arne & Carlos’ helpful Knitted Dolls book. Trouble is, my tight gauge combined with the tiny 1.5 double-pointed needles I’m using create a lot of finger pain because the needles keep digging into my ring finger.
- Quick to knit
- Uses scrap fingering-weight yarn
- Looks cool
- Prevents the pain of tiny needles digging into your finger
- Allows you to knit longer as a result
- Can be made in a variety of colors to match your project, your outfit, or both!
- Has lots of design possibilities if you play with striping or the stitch pattern on the outer half of the pattern
- Makes a great gift for fellow crafters in your life
- Takes a little time to get used to wearing it while knitting
- So comfortable that you may forget to take it off
No pictures yet since I just made it yesterday and haven’t had the chance. Definitely planning to make more of these with other scrap yarn. Update coming soon!
Feel free to share the tried-and-true handknit notions you’ve discovered!